As I have recently discovered, my kids are beach bums. As much as I am happy to take them to the beach EVERY Sunday (Can you see me rolling my eyes?), I have to admit as a non swimmer, it does scare me to think of them playing in the water unable to swim. Spurt SA has inspired me to get my kids going on learning how to swim! I have received such a great hamper from them & guess what?
They’re giving away a hamper to ONE lucky person! For more details, check out the bottom of this post.
Why is swimming good for your kids?
- Swimming uses every one of the body’s major muscle groups & increases flexibility as well as improves balance & posture! (I mean, come on, who has seen so many positives in one sentence?)
- Healthwise – swimming gets your kid’s heart pumping (promotes heart and lung health). Also, like with any sport, swimming reduces the risk of obesity which normally leads to other problems like diabetes etc.
- Builds up your kid’s strength and co-ordination
- A big benefit for me, is that it teaches my kid’s WATER SAFETY, which they definitely need to be aware of, if they want to continue enjoying the water.
- Swimming also increases a child’s confidence
Spurt are the leading suppliers of swimming apparel in South Africa. The brand is loved for its innovative patterns and colours and comfortable fit. With an extensive range of accessories and swimming aids for beginners and athletes.
Shop today www.spurt.co.za
How to enter?
- Comment on this blog post telling me your thoughts on teaching your kids how to swim.
- Like the Spurt SA Facebook page – https://web.facebook.com/Spurt_SA-1936335256638409/
- Subscribe to The Mum Blog SA (Subscribe using the sidebar) – If you do not subscribe, I will not be able to see your entry
Terms and conditions
- Follow all steps to ensure you qualify for an entry.
- You have to reside in South Africa
- Prize will be delivered to you.
- Winner to be announced via social media and is required to provide a cellphone number.
- If winner does not respond within 2 days, another winner will be picked at random
- Prize cannot be exchanged for cash.
- Competition closes 26 November 2017
Tag a friend! Share this competition on social media with the following tags:
#LetsSwim #ProudlySA #Spurt_SA #Summer2017 #Swim #NotJustASport @Spurt_SA