#WisdomWednesday – Every religion was created by the Devil
Or so she said…
Now firstly, I am NOT one to start delving into religious debates nor am I the one to be starting any religious movements, but today, I feel the need to express my concern regarding the adult human beings that have no regard for another religion. Why? Because I read a post that is going VIRAL on a very popular social media platform, written by a lady that claims “Every religion was created by the Devil“. Now, if this is your belief, hey, that’s cool with me; I don’t really care so long as you keep it to yourself and within your group of like minded people.
So today, I just want to say a few things to these people who think it’s okay to say whatever they want whenever they want.
- Don’t try to convert me & trust me, I won’t ever try to convert you
- Keep your view to yourself & I will do the same
- Don’t sell your religion to me (Keep your sales pitch to yourself, you know the one with all the facts and figures that apparently support your argument about you are right and I am wrong? Yeah man, I ain’t buying)
- STOP being a hypocrite. Don’t tell me about how Religion A only commits crimes, when jails around the world are filled with people from different faiths.
- Give me answers, ONLY if I ask questions. If I clearly want to know more about your faith, by all means, feel free to educate me. But don’t do it unnecessarily, please.
- Lastly, STOP posting this shit on social media. I know you’re going to slap with me this freedom of speech BS but let me tell you something, if I post something awful online about my friends religion, aren’t they going to feel bad about it? Or what if I do the same but to you, insisting that your religion was created by the devil, wouldn’t you want to strike back? Wouldn’t you be offended? Let’s STOP spreading the HATE, let’s start taking people’s FEELINGS into account.
I just want to say that I, in no way hate any religion. I believe and respect every religion and do not believe in hurting another persons’ feelings. Let’s try and bring our country together instead of pushing each other further apart. I do not wish to offend anyone with this post, but if we all kept our religious opinions to ourselves and helped each other as people, we could actually create a united front among our nation.
Don’t start a war if you won’t gain anything by winning it.
Other posts you might like
Simone Gobin is a 24 year old, it graduate, wife to Avi and mother to Yash & Ralee Gobin. She spends her days being a mother and a wife. She has decided to start a blog as a creative outlet as well as connect with other parents. Her belief is that there is a lot to learn from other parents out there and she welcomes all advice possible.