Do you know baby CPR? Here’s a list of medicine & simple CPR instructions
Baby CPR: Here’s what to do
- CALL AN AMBULANCE (10177/112 – Cell phone emergency)
- 5 puffs over the nose and mouth
- 30 hard pumps to the center of the chest (using 2 fingers)
- 2 puffs followed by 30 pumps (repeat this)
Medicines that you should have on hand for NewbornsI usually get all my goods from Dischem. The links within are not affiliate links and this is NOT a sponsored post.
- Arnica Gel for babies – for bruises
- Cradle Cap Cream – I used a mix of coconut oil, baby oil and olive oil with a soft bristled brush
- Nasal Aspirator / Bulb Syringe – blocked noses
- Saline Eye Rinse – blocked ducts
- Saline Nose Spray – I like Salex
- Karvol Spray & Drops – blocked noses
- Baby Vicks or Karvol Rub
- Bum Cream – I personally love SudoCrem or Bennets Bum Cream (If your baby has a very bad nappy rash and none of the bum creams seem to work, you should definitely try the Zinc & Castor Ointment)
- Ear thermometer/Digital Thermometer – The ear thermometer is the easier option although it’s very expensive
- Panado Syrup – aches and pains. Did you know, the box with the sleeping owl is to make the kids sleep & the one with awake owl does not make them drowsy?
- Antiseptic Ointment
- Allergex Cream – for bites & allergies
- Colic Drops – Telament Drops are good, I’ve also found bonnisan to be great for gas and colic combined. It’s a natural remedy
- Gripe Water – Gas but Bonnisan can be used in place of this as well (Gripe water comes in alcohol free & with alcohol, its up to you what you would like to use. Both are safe)
- Surgical Spirits – Cord care
- Oral Syringe
- Baby safe sunscreen – I love the one from Everysun
- Baby safe insect repellent – Also Purity & Elizabeth Anne Spray / Rub
- Teething Gel – Teegel works wonders and if you’re in Durban, Greggs Teething mix from Sunningdale Pharmacy is the bomb! For real!
- Calamine Lotion
- Cotton Buds
- Cotton wool
- Baby wash – I love the Purity head to toe wash but for very sensitive skin, use Pure Glycerine Soap – I know this is not really medicine but Glycerine Soap is amazing for when baby gets a rash due to sensitive skin and Epi-max Junior if any of the normal baby lotions give baby a rash. You can even bath your kid using Epi-max
- Sanitizer – for sanitizing thermometers & baby nail clippers
Other posts you might like
Simone Gobin is a 24 year old, it graduate, wife to Avi and mother to Yash & Ralee Gobin. She spends her days being a mother and a wife. She has decided to start a blog as a creative outlet as well as connect with other parents. Her belief is that there is a lot to learn from other parents out there and she welcomes all advice possible.